Why we're here
Driven by both industry needs and a need to create opportunities and pathways for high school students, recent graduates and adults who have a desire to learn new skills and enter the workforce in new and exciting sectors, it is time that we look at a way that industry and education can partner to make a difference for a large population of students and bring economic diversity to our region, from Aspen to De Beque and beyond.
- 54 students from Yampah Mountain High School have entered construction trades like plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and welding over the last five years. 32 of those students are still active in their field.
- 12 students from Yampah Mountain High School graduated with construction trade certifications in 2021.
- Internship business partners just reached 63 at the end of 2021.
- In the 2021 – 2022 school year, 62 students are currently participating in five pathways including cyber security, construction, digital media, construction trades and pre-engineering.
- 10 teachers are currently being sponsored to finish career technical education certifications.
- Over 100 online modules are available through EPIC’s partnership with Colorado Digital Learning Solutions.
Meeting the need, together
With an collaborative effort between communities, educators and industry, we can begin to shape the economic vitality of our region, provide all students with a pathway to prosperity and solve critical needs in housing, environment and employment.
Teacher of the Year
Basalt High School
Industry of the Year
Student of the Year
Yampa Mountain High School
Know more about our community
Working with community for opportunities, sponsorships, Fund raising goals